Friday, October 19, 2012

Amy Mason Pottery at EarthWorks

“These were the potters, and those that dwelt among plants and hedges: there they dwelt with the king for his work.” 1 chronicles 4:23 

 


Pottery, any type or function, has always been a personal favorite of mine. Bowls, vases, mugs, platters. Glazed or natural. I first fell in love with ceramic art as a girl. I have an aunt that took me to wonderful shops in Occocquan, where she had a friend who was a potter and I was hooked.

The appeal to me is always clear - it is a piece of the earth, transformed by human hands in a natural process, into something beautiful and functional. That's the way it was intended, as I see it.

One day shortly after we opened the store, a bubbly and incredibly cute woman came in and we got to talking. She asked if we were looking to bring other artists on and I mentioned the only thing I was missing was a potter. She smiled, as she is one. There you go. Amy Manson Pottery was among the first 20 artists to come on board, and our first potter.

Amy lives right here in Leesburg with her family, and is a whirling dervish of activity. I get tired just keeping up with her on facebook. LOL. She teaches classes at two of our great studios here (Art Square and Round Hill Art Center), does shows all over the place, stocks multiple stores and still manages to actually throw pots and be a mom. Today's woman, right?


On October 20 (Saturday night) come on out to EarthWorks Gallery & Gift shop to meet Amy and see some of her great work displayed. It's the usual open house, come as you are from 6pm until 9pm. This week we'll add a great give-away raffle for a gift certificate!

Here's a sneak peek at what you'll find in store this weekend!

 

 

 PL&BB -



Penni

 

1 comment: