Thursday, November 28, 2013

A Thanksgiving Prayer For You

Lord, often times, and any other day
When we sit down to our meal and pray

We hurry along and make the fast blessing
"Thanks, Amen." and then "Pass the Dressing"

We're slaves to the olfactory overload
We must rush our prayer 'fore the meal gets cold

But today may I take a few minutes more
To really give thanks for what I'm grateful for?

For my family, my health and a nice soft bed
For my friends, for my freedom, a roof over my head

I'm thankful to be surrounded by those
whose lives touch me more than they ever will know

Thankful that you've blessed me far beyond measure
That in my heart thrives life's greatest treasures

It's your light, dear Jesus, that lives in that space
And I'm ever so humbled by your unending grace

So, please, bless this food and this family united
and bless each and every person invited

Amen.

Peace, Love & Thanksgiving Blessings -

Penni

adapted from the original prayer by Ken Walsh


No comments:

Post a Comment