Friday, June 7, 2013

Shame on Me!

I couldn't believe it when I realized I hadn't written a single blog post in a month.  I started out today thinking it was just a few days, and my intention was to write a short honor post for my Mom.

Today is her 64th birthday, and this year more than many past I am grateful for her. Thinking of her this morning was almost overwhelming to the point of tears.  I just wanted to be with her, and was pretty sad that I couldn't be (she lives in Georgia, you see).

 And I realized pretty quickly my lethargy in writing recently along with being creative (both at home and at work), household chores and simple communications with those I love have been a direct result of lingering grief after the passing of my Dad.  Today, I'll accept that.  I can't ignore it, but if I acknowledge it perhaps I can work through it and still be as productive as I ought to be.

And more than that, today I will celebrate that my 64 years young Mom is having another birthday, and be happy that I could talk to her (instead of pouty because I can't sit and knit with her).  And I'll remember my Dad with a smile on my face (even if there's still a tear in my eye).



Luv Ur Mother -

Penni

No comments:

Post a Comment